Monday, February 28, 2011

I'm Doin the Potty Dance!!!!!!

**NEWS ALERT** **NEWS ALERT** **NEWS ALERT**


Abigail went pee pee in the ''big girl'' potty for the 1st time on Saturday February 26th 2011!!

OH...why is this such a big deal? Well, I will be happy to tell you......SHE DID IT FOR HER DADDY AND NOT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


This precious, full of life, beautiful, loving little stubborn snot box I am raising would NOT go
potty for me no matter what I tried! Bribery-no, candy-no, money-no, toys-no, McDonalds-no
ect...I think you get the picture! For a FREAKING YEAR I have been trying to get her to go in the ''big girl'' potty!! Fast forward till just this past weekend....mommy goes out of town for 4 days to have a nice relaxing ''girls weekend'' with some cousins of mine and low and behold, Super Daddy gets her to pee in one brief little sentence! Here is the scenario.

Abbi: daddy I don't want to wear a diaper.
Daddy: ok, well then you have to wear big girl panties.
Abbi: can I wear my cindawella ones?
Daddy: yes you can, but you can not go potty in them, you have to go on the toilet.
Abbi: ok daddy.
...1 1/2 hours later
Abbi: daddy I need a diaper
Daddy: no, I told you, you have to potty in the toilet
Abbi: (crying ensues--as normal I might add) I wanna diaper no pee pee on the potty.
Daddy: Abbi I bet if you go potty on the toilet like a big girl mommy will bring you home a present.
Abbi: (crying ceases) ok...(panties come down and ....she pees) (roar of the crowd, aka Austin and daddy) (shrieking in excitement) DADDY I DID IT!!!!!!!!!

and the rest in history!!! Is this little girl that I oh so lovingly take care of day in and day out FREAKING KIDDING ME!!!???

Bad News: I cried because I missed a milestone in my babies life
Good News: Daddy isn't gloating about it (well good for him anyways! lol).
Better News: NO.MORE.DIAPERS. (except night-time)
BESTEST EVER NEWS: Abbi is SO proud of herself, Mommy, Daddy and Austin is SO proud of her, Abbi has smiled and told me how big she is all day long, I got lots and lots of kisses and hugs for her special present, OH, and did I mention how precious she is?

No comments: