Monday, November 7, 2011

Giving Thanks

I have noticed alot of people using Facebook to take the opportunity to share what they are ''thankful for'' daily until Thanksgiving. I have many blessing in my life, and many things that I am ''thankful'' for, but I'm just gonna blog about it instead!!

#1- My husband Bryan---I appreciate you and everything you do as a husband and as a father. I know I don't always show it, but you are an amazing man, husband, father and best friend. I love you for who you are (flaws and all) and how you take care of your family no matter how hard you have to work to do so!!

#2- Austin--- My 1st born, my buddy. You are more than a part of me, you are one of the loves of my life! Before you I could have NEVER imagined the journey my life has taken. You are brilliantly smart, inquisitive, loving, considerate, and (most of the time) respectful. I love you to the moon and back!! :)

#3- Abigail--- My baby girl. Oh you bring such joy!! You too are one of the loves of my life! You are challenging, full of attitude, sassy, beautiful, oh so loving, and you have one of the BEST imaginations ever!! You give the best hugs and kisses, and I live for our morning cuddle sessions (after Austin goes to school)! I love you more than words can express!!

#4- Mom and Dad--- Not only am I fortunate enough to have parents that are still married (and most of the time ''in love'') (lol), they are the BEST role models a child could ask for! Things weren't always perfect, but their love for us was!!! I learned how to love and be loved, how to give without receiving and how to be a family from them! I am truly blessed to have two parents to call ''friend'' as well as ''mom and dad''!!

#5- Lisa and Grant--- I am so unbelievably fortunate to have a sister and brother that I consider my best friends!! I know that no matter the distance between us, our love and friendships can never be broken. I love that we can banter, bicker, argue and down right yell at each other, and 5 minutes later we are laughing!! That kind of bond is precious and one that I personally cherish. I love you both!

#6- Ashleigh (SIL)--- What can I say....he sure knows how to pick them (haha)!! Seriously, I couldn't have asked/prayed for someone more perfect for my baby brother than you! I love how you just mesh with our family with so much ease!! I love the friendship we have formed, not all can say one of their bff's is their SIL, but I can...and I'm and so thankful for that!

#7- My grandma's--- I am truly blessed to still have both of my grandma's with us!! I love the opportunity my children have been given to have so many grandma's to love them! They are both proud, strong, loving women and anyone would have the honor of knowing them!! I love them both dearly and I can only hope that I one day (when I am their age) will have the spunk and fire that these two women have (in their 80's I might add)!!!

#8- Bryan's Family--- They might live far away, and we might not get to see them alot...but I am truly thankful because without them there would be no him!! They might not be perfect, and we might not always get along...but there is love there and we are family!

#9- My Nieces and Nephews--- Sarah, Benny, Noah, Carter, Halo and Avery...I love you, I love you , I love you!!! There is NO aunt in America prouder then me! ;) You are all beautiful, perfect little reminders of a what a family is all about!!


There is more that I am thankful for...but it all pales in comparison to the above list!! I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving with their family and/or friends!!

1 comment:

Team Gourley said...

You made me cry dammit! Love you sister!